You are here
Underwater Detection Systems DETECTOR
DETECTOR: the latest acoustic detection system
DETECTOR-1000 and DETECTOR-6000 are very efficient, long range acoustic detection systems for locating acoustic pingers. They can cover very large areas in a small amount of time speeding up search operations.
- Extremely long detection range (typically 4 to 5 km for black boxes)
- Simple and robust
- Easy to use, even in poor weather
- Immediate deployment from various platforms: vessel of opportunity, helicopter, submarine, inflatable boat etc.
- Equally suitable for deep water and shallow water
- Intuitive and user friendly interface
- Increased coverage speed (by a factor of 20)
- Dramatically reduced Search and Recovery costs
- Recorded signals can be made available for Post Processing and use by Investigators (optional)
- Isolates natural sounds such as whale song to accurately locate a beacon
- Search and Recovery operations : Underwater Locator Beacons (ULBs), NATO aircraft pingers and distressed submarine signal
- Drug enforcement: detection and localization of underwater drugs canisters